Thomson's engraving was taken
from the marble replica of Chantrey's bust at Abbotsford.
It was first published in the New Monthly Magazine,
January 1, 1831, then reprinted as a supplement with the Court
Journal of October 6, 1832. This copy
is probably one of the 1832 prints. Click here to
see a Dutch lithograph (1833) based on a reversed version of